Re: Request to remove Information

marc wrote:

"The liberty of the individual is no gift of civilization. It was greatest before there was any civilization, though then, it is true, it had for the most part no value, since the individual was scarcely in a position to defend it. The development of civilization imposes restrictions on it, and justice demands that no one shall escape those restrictions."

     Sigmund Freud, Civilization and Its Discontents, 1929

Depends on what is seen as an acceptable restriction limit, and also, therefore, on your definition of justice.

"Justice is a barter, a trade, an agreement, between two parties of equal power, to avoid mutual damage. I give him what he wants and he gives me what I want, and we go our separate ways."

Nietzsche - 'A genealogy of morals' (as I remember it.)

Without the facility to bargain from a position of equality, if we are to accept Nietzsche's definition, justice is, therefore, a terminology that is inapplicable to the situation.