Re: Request to remove Information

On (20/11/05 22:08), Katipo wrote:
> Clive Menzies wrote:
> >I suspect Intel is in no way unique in this respect; my own limited
> >experience of large corporations has been similar.  As in many other
> >bureaucratic organisations (public and commercial), it is the 'system'
> >rather than the individuals which is flawed.
> >

> Well, yes, but it is also the organisation that supplies both the
> anonymity to indulge, and the sociological acceptance factor that comes
> from the definition of 'success' provided by that organisation environment.
>
> The individual and the environment are reflections of each other.
> Deny the individual the right to be responsible for his environment, and
> you deprive him of any means to improve upon it.

I couldn't agree more.  But in such flawed organisations, to attain
power to change the way things operate, requires compromising one's
principles to at least a limited degree.  Once the individual becomes a
beneficiary of the system, the motivation to address the inherent flaws
becomes diminished.

Catch22.....

Regards

Clive