Re: Top posting (a different point of view)

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 07:30:08PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> John Carline wrote:
>
> > Personally, I don't care where an individual posts. But, it would make
> > my reading/following of threads much easier if I didn't  have to
> > scroll down to the bottom of post after post in a long string just to
> > read the one line added to the 200 I've already read.
>
> And that's why "trimming" is also a recommended practice.

The lack of trimming by posters to this list actually seems more out
of hand than the top posting.

Of the emails here that I skip without bothering to read, the
majority are those which have so much quoted material that even on
my (48 row) terminal there is no new text visible.  If they have
that problem, and a subject that isn't immediately interesting, they
do not get read.