Re: is Sarge much slower than Woody on old hardware?

Am 2005-05-21 09:35:03, schrieb Nacho:

> > >Say what now?
>
> Sorry... what do you mean with "standalone Mozilla browser"? I have
> firefox
> and mozilla, but I thought Mozilla comes always with the news, mail
> and
> composer tools? maybe exists a lighter Mozilla version that the one I
> have?

What about:     apt-get install mozilla-browser mozilla-psm

Non Mail, no news and other blown stuff.
"mozilla-browser" works better as
"firefox" even if you use Jave 1.4.1

> I have the Mozilla which comes with woody, version 1.0.0-0.woody.1

Wuah !!!!
With a million open Bugs !!!

> This may be because some optimization issue, in my computer both
> programs are
> perfectly usable, the difference may be that I just use fvwm (without
> kde or
> gnome). Also the video card and X drivers can make a huge
> difference...

I was running WOODY on a HP Vectra XA5 (P1/200, 192 MB) with
backports of fvwm 2.5.xx, mozilla-browser, OOo 1.0 Java 1.4.1

With no problems. Flash 7 works too.

Even if I use xmms paralel

> In fact, sometimes I have 2 firefoxs running as different users (one
> of them
> remotely) and also 2 staroffices concurrently, and it is pretty
> usable, indeed
> listening to mp3 and making huge SQL queries at the same time...
>
> And I'm also using 1280x1024 with 24bits color...
>
> Regards:
>
> Nacho

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi