Re: is Sarge much slower than Woody on old hardware?

> >>Use the standalone Mozilla browser (not firefox).
> >
> >Say what now?

Sorry... what do you mean with "standalone Mozilla browser"? I have firefox
and mozilla, but I thought Mozilla comes always with the news, mail and
composer tools? maybe exists a lighter Mozilla version that the one I have?

I have the Mozilla which comes with woody, version 1.0.0-0.woody.1

> Seconded. Neither was usable for me on such a machine.

This may be because some optimization issue, in my computer both programs are
perfectly usable, the difference may be that I just use fvwm (without kde or
gnome). Also the video card and X drivers can make a huge difference...

In fact, sometimes I have 2 firefoxs running as different users (one of them
remotely) and also 2 staroffices concurrently, and it is pretty usable, indeed
listening to mp3 and making huge SQL queries at the same time...

And I'm also using 1280x1024 with 24bits color...

Regards:

Nacho

--
No book comes out of a vacuum (G. Buehler)
http://www.lascartasdelavida.com