Re: is Sarge much slower than Woody on old hardware?

Nacho wrote:

> And I'm worried that if I upgrade to Sarge I could feel that it's slower
> for making the same amount of job... what do you think about this?

If you use a fast, lightweight window manager (something like xfce) and pick
your applications wisely, you should be fine. I'd stay away from
OpenOffice, for example. Get comfortable with Vim and LaTex. Pick one
X-based multimedia app. Use the standalone Mozilla browser (not firefox).If
you don't need lots of HTML mail capability, use Pine. In general, the more
comfortable you become with command line and console stuff, the less you'll
have to worry about hardware requirements.