Re: Cannot connect to network now...

"Kent West" <westk@acu.edu> wrote in message
news:33OZL-460-45@gated-at.bofh.it...
> Brian Coiley wrote:
>
> >Googling the problem reveals some folks discussing files called
"Xauthority"
> >and "xinitrc" which are in the home directory.  I have no such files.
> >Should I, perhaps?
> >

> Try creating a new user ("adduser testman") and then log in as that
> user; see if X works.
>
> If it does, then the problem may be in your user's Xauthority, etc files.
>
> If not, I'd run "aptitude" and uninstall any X-looking packages, then
> re-run "apt-get install x-window-system". Alternatively, just start over
> with Sarge.
>
> --
> Kent

Here's an update on my last: I rebooted to windoze, and the mouse didn't
work there either.  It looks like some kind of USB glitch.  Plugging into a
different USB port fixed it in Windoze, and half-fixed it in X: it now
moves, but very, very sluggishly, and also keeps jumping to the side of the
screen for no apparent reason.  The mouse acceleration settings don't make
any difference.

Brian