Re: Subversion package for debian

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Siju George wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> http://packages.debian.org/experimental/source/subversion
>
> says that the subversion package is experimental and not stable.

You are looking at the version in experimental so of course its labled as
experimental ;-)

On the other hand, the version in unstable is the stable version of
subversion. I believe that also the version in experimental is considered
stable. There was an email from the maintainer some time ago that the
latest version is not propagating the unstable at the moment (and thus
testing) due to the freeze process of testing, and since there are a few
dependencies it would require compilation and testing of some other
packages, so its held back untill the freeze (or possibly untill the
freeze will prove to take too long, whichever comes first).

You should be safe with both the version in unstable and experimental in
this specific case (unrelated to this, I use a few packages from
experimental and didn't run into trouble yet).

If you are looking for packages for woody, look in backports.org there is
a version for i386 woody, and I also found a version for powerpc woody
under apt-get.org.

 > Does anyone know any third party site (like dotdeb) that provides
3rd > party stable packages for subversion.