Re: Cannot connect to network now...

"Kent West" <westk@acu.edu> wrote in message
news:33OZL-460-45@gated-at.bofh.it...
> Brian Coiley wrote:
>
> >Googling the problem reveals some folks discussing files called
"Xauthority"
> >and "xinitrc" which are in the home directory.  I have no such files.
> >Should I, perhaps?
> >

> Try creating a new user ("adduser testman") and then log in as that
> user; see if X works.
>
> If it does, then the problem may be in your user's Xauthority, etc files.
>
> If not, I'd run "aptitude" and uninstall any X-looking packages, then
> re-run "apt-get install x-window-system". Alternatively, just start over
> with Sarge.
>
> --
> Kent
>

> --
listmaster@lists.debian.org

Hang out the flags, break out the champagne, I've fixed it (sort of)!  The
problem is that the VESA driver no longer works!  If I change it to "nv" it
works!  It isn't that the VESA driver doesn't exist - if that were the case,
I know I would get an error telling me so - it just doesn't work.

There are still two problems: the USB mouse once again doesn't work (the
relevant modules are all still loaded), and I'm still getting an error
stating "Can't find file 'pc/uk' for symbols include".

Brian