Re: Mozilla/Firefox "PostScript/default" security problems

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 20:52:37 -0400
Wayne Topa <brittman@capital.net> wrote:
> I am also running firefox 0.8 but it was installed with apt-get.  I am
> stuck with Xprint with no postscript/default.  :-(

Try it. Just run the Xprint daemon (/etc/init.d/xprint start?), find out
what display it's running on by looking at ps -fax (say it's ":2") and then
add export XPRTSERVERLIST=":2" to your environment (and log out and in if
necessary to reinit the env). Start mozilla and see if your printers
exported by CUPS (or whatever your lpq reports) is listed in the printer
dialog. Printing  through xprint is considerably nicer.

Here's some documentation. It's a little out dated and not specific to
Debian. I suspect Debian should be considerably easier. If it's not the
package isn't setup properly. It should be a breeze.

  http://www.ioplex.com/~miallen/xprint/

Mike

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.