Re: postscript-enabled mozilla package anyone?

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 19:37:31 -0400
Gregory Seidman <gss+debian@cs.brown.edu> wrote:

> ...I installed xprt-xprintorg with no difficulty. I then attempted to
> print and, with absolutely no configuration on my part, it happily found
> my CUPS printers.

That's right. Setting up printing via CUPS, lprng, or whatever is entirely
independant from Xprint. Xprint finds printers exported on the system
automatically. If lpq reports a printer is available Xprint should
find it.

> Furthermore, it still has a file output option which
> produces Postscript. I think people are overreacting a bit here.

Actually that's Xprint too. If you print to a file and look at it
it reads:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%%Creator: The X Print Server's PostScript DDX (The X.Org Group, release
6600)
%%Title: ...

So you need Xprint setup to print to a file as well.

> } > As it now stands your choices are A) not print or B) downgrade to
> } > a version that predates the brain damage.
> [...]
>
> This is just FUD.

Right the choices are A) not print, B) downgrade or C) install
xprt-xprintorg. Personally I think people should try C before bitching too
much.

Mike

--
Greedo shoots first? Not in my Star Wars.