Re: Mozilla/Firefox "PostScript/default" security problems

Brad Sims wrote:
On Tuesday 06 July 2004 2:32 am, Michael B Allen wrote:

What! The PostScript/default printing was pretty bad but I'm a little
surprised they dumped it entirely as it would require additional setup
to get xprint running. Are you sure?

I am, I was told that mozilla no longer supports direct printing, and
the lack of postscript wasn't a bug and they closed my bugreport.

Upstream still supports directs printing, at least as of Sunday. It may be that you can't enable both direct printing and xprint at the same time, and so the debian maintainer had to make a choice as to which is more useful.