Mozilla/Firefox "PostScript/default" security problems

Hello all,

I have just discovered that the Mozilla and Firefox old-style printing
option "PostScript/default" is gone. Apparently we are now supposed to use
the Xprint printing stuff; unfortunately, Xprint is broken for me in at
least two ways. Now I can't print.

Justification, as far as I can tell, for removing the old stuff was for
two reasons:

1. It was broken for some people.

Fine, but Xprint is broken for me and now I can't print. I don't think
it's appropriate to remove a feature until its replacement is stable and
useable by everyone who could use the old feature.

2. It had security problems.

This brings me to my question: Does anyone have any solid references on
these security problems? Googling and searching the bug database only
yielded a vague claim about a remote exploit (bug #247585).

Thanks,

Reid