Re: Pros/Cons Kde vs Gnome?

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 08:02:37AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> charlie derr wrote:
> > also, i don't think the memory consumption of the desktop is all that
> > much "weight" on the battery life
>
>     Is someone actually arguing that 1s were more power than 0s?

No, but the cpu cycles required to handle all the overhead do take more
power (more memory usually means someone is using it, otherwise it
really is bloatware), and yes its the cpu that is causing the power
consumption (and even if you do use accelerated graphics to reduce cpu
work, then it would be the graphics card that takes to power, and newer
laptop graphic chips can also scale power consumption according to usage)