Re: Pros/Cons Kde vs Gnome?

At 2004-06-15T08:12:39Z, Tim Connors <tconnors+linuxdebianuser1087287024@astro.swin.edu.au> writes:

> Especially if you only have 256MB ram (think: anything more than 1 year
> old - ie, what the majority of us own).

I have a K6-3/333 laptop that I just upgraded from 96MB to 192MB.  I used
KDE before the upgrade, and I use KDE now - it's just a little quicker when
launching apps.

I really don't know where people get this "KDE is slow" stuff to be honest.
So the apps don't start as quickly on small systems - how often do you
actually close programs anyway?  I typically have Emacs, Kontact, and
Konqueror open for a couple of weeks at a time.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.