Re: Newbie question on partitioning (primary/logical drive ?)

On -5920-Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:08:38PM -0500, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> spake thus,
> Mark Ferlatte wrote:
>
> >Most programs honor the TMPDIR environment variable.  Just set
> >TMPDIR=/place/with/lots/of/space and you should be fine.  If the software
> >you're using doesn't honor TMPDIR, file a bug.  :)

> Ah, thanks for the tip!

Ooh, that's a good one! Because it really sucks when you're trying to
download a file that's half the size of the space you've got left (I
know, probably an indication of bad drive management, but it's
happened to me) so when it copies the temp file to the location where
you chose to download it to, for a moment both copies exist and the
download fails :(

--
Aaron Bieber
-