Newbie question on partitioning (primary/logical drive ?)

Hello all,

 I am in need of some Newbie help. If this is the wrong list, can
someone please tell me the correct list on which to post these
questions. (BTW - I've read the installation manual on this a couple of
times and now I am even more confused than before I read it.)

 I am currently trying to install Debian as my fourth Linux
distribution. I have used Mandrake, Redhat and SuSE in the past and I
wanted a more challengeing installation so that I might learn more about
Linux. Well, I am getting a challenge.

Here are my system specs.

PROC: Pentium 120
RAM: 64 MB

Primary IDE Master: 4.1 GB
Primary IDE Slave: 1.2 GB
Secondary IDE Slave: 4.1 GB

Since I have no CD ROM I have downloaded the Debian disk images and made
the floppies. I have booted the system, configured the keyboard,
(whoopee!) and I am currently at the point of partitioning the hard
drives. Now, I kinda don't know what I should do for this, as there is
no option (that I can see) to says 'hey Debian, you tell me what you
think I should do with these three drives and that is what we will go
with'. In the past, RedHat, Mandrake and SuSE all made these decisions
for me.

 So I am sitting here looking at the screen (cfdisk 2.11n) and it is
asking me to select a drive to partition with the list of

/dev/hda
/dev/hdc
and
/dev/hdd.

 How should I allocate this space?  I deleted one of the drives and
selected 'NEW'. Then it asks me [Primary] [Logical] [Cancel] , so I
selected 'Primary'. Gave it the full size and now I have no idea what to
do. I am not really sure what I just did.

Thanks in advance,

Thinker