Re: Newbie question on partitioning (primary/logical drive ?)

Thanks to input from Kent and Bret, I have decided to do the following

/    200 MB /dev/hda1 primary
/usr 2500MB /dev/hda2 primary
/var 500MB /dev/hda3 primary
/tmp 100MB /dev/hda4 primary

swap /dev/hdc1 1.2GB primary

/home /dev/hdd1 4.1GB primary

Questions...

1. When I delete the drive and choose 'New' to create the partitions,
the system asks 'primary or secondary. I am going with primary for
everything since I won't have more than 4 partitions in the first drive,
and the second and third drives will stand on their own. Is this correct
thinking or do I have something confused?

2. For / after I select primary and say I want it to be 200MB in size,
do I add this partition at the begining or at the end of free space ?

3. Which of these am I supposed to make bootable?

Thanks,

Thinker.