Re: Newbie question on partitioning (primary/logical drive ?)

Micha Feigin wrote:

Make sure to have enough in tmp too if you use music/video rip/encoding
or graphic programs as they tend to use large temp files.

Ah, good point. I've run into problems on several occassions when downloading large files (such as .ISOs, etc) via a program that first saves the file to /tmp, and my /tmp wasn't big enough, so I had to figure out some other method of getting around the limitation. At the moment, I can't remember the details of what file or what app I was using, but I think in the future, if I've got the space, I might allocate 1GB or so to /tmp.

--
Kent West (westk@acu.edu)