Re: Newbie question on partitioning (primary/logical drive ?)

Thanks for the information, but I do have a question about your
suggested partitioning.

On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 23:48, Kent West wrote:

> Everybody has their own ideas of how best to partition. I would probably
> do the following:
>
> /  200 MB /dev/hda1 primary
> /usr 2500MB /dev/hda2 logical (or primary)
> /var 500MB /dev/hda3 logical (or primary)
> /tmp 100MB /dev/hda4logical (or primary)
>
> swap /dev/hdc1 128MB primary
>
> /home /dev/hdd1 4.1GB primary

What do I do with the rest of the space on the 1.2 GB drive? Someone
suggested that I use the entire drive as swap space as doing that would
speed up the system tremendously. Does this make sense? If not the
enitre drive, how much would be the max?