Re: The hated xmltex/jadetex games in combination with new tex-common

On Sam, 05 Aug 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
> Like, say, jadetex. Arghhh. I think you're right. It seems to me we are
> missing the famous dpkg "trigger" mechanism. We're in the same boat as

So, solution for now:
- it only happens with texlive
- it only happens with a not official jadetex/xmltex version
- consequence: forget it for now

The jadetex/xmltex people could do:
- use etex as engine instead of latex
- load latex.ltx/.ini in their .ini file instead.

This would be a solution, or?

> Argh. I fear solving this properly will require significant work.

Best wishes

Norbert

SCRAMOGE (vb.)
To cut oneself whilst licking envelopes.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff