Re: The hated xmltex/jadetex games in combination with new tex-common

Hi Florent!

On Fre, 04 Aug 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
> I think we can solve this problem by calling fmtutil-sys with --byfmt in
> every package that ships formats, instead of using --all, so that a
> package only (re)builds the formats that it ships.

Hmm. But if we replace the basic engine (etex/pdfetex) we *have* to
rebuild all formats. Example:
- texlive-base-bin (providing formats etex, pdfetex, ...) and
  texlive-latex-base (providing format latex, pdflatex) are installed
  and configured.
- texlive-base-bin (only) is upgraded with a new binary etex/pdfetex
  (new version of pdfetex eg).
At this time I *have* to recreate all formats. No?

BULDOOO
a virulent red-coloured pus which generally accompanies clonmult
(q.v.) and sandberge (q.v.)