Re: The hated xmltex/jadetex games in combination with new tex-common

On Fre, 04 Aug 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
> >From this description, it seems to me that jadetex and xmltex need latex
> at configuration time, which means they should depend on some package

Yes. They have latex as a format.

> that provides latex. If they depend on such a package, dpkg will ensure
> that this package is configured *before* jadetex/xmltex: the latex

So, this means NMU, or? Because the maintainers of those packages are
extremely lazy.

Best wishes

The accomplice or 'lure' who gets punters to participate in the three
card trick on London streets by winning an improbable amount of money
very easily.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff