Re: The hated xmltex/jadetex games in combination with new tex-common

Hi Florent!

On Fre, 04 Aug 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
> >>   tetex-bin | $texlive-package-that-provides-latex
> >
> > But this is not enough, as Depends does not ensure that the packages are
> > *CONFIGURED* in the right order, or do I miss something?
>
> You're missing something... important. :-)

Again me, new data points. It seems that my enlightment has suddenly
stopped.  I DON'T miss something. It is true what you wrote but consider
this:

- initial status: jadetex, texlive-base-bin and texlive-latex-base are
  installed and configured
- update of texlive-latex-base and texlive-base-bin takes place, this
  creates files /e/texmf/fmt.d/10texlive-latex-base.cnf.dpkg-new
- dpkg calls texlive-base-bin postinst, which in turn does:
  . call update-fmtutil
	-> latex is NOT present in the generated fmtutil.cnf, but
	   jadetex is
  . call fmtutil-sys --all
	-> everything breaks, as the latex fmt is not present.

This cannot circumvented by a simple depends line.

Any suggestions???

GREAT WAKERING (participial vb.)
Panic which sets in when you badly need to go to the lavatory and
cannot make up your mind about what book or magazine to take with you.