Re: The hated xmltex/jadetex games in combination with new tex-common

On Fre, 04 Aug 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
> > Yes. They have latex as a format.
>
> What does it mean? They *use* latex to build their own format, right?

Yes.

> Looking at jadetex and xmltex, they both depend on tetex-bin. I

Yup, you are right. I was speaking about the adjusted packages I have in
my repository.

> understand they could depend on:
>
>   tetex-bin | $texlive-package-that-provides-latex

But this is not enough, as Depends does not ensure that the packages are
*CONFIGURED* in the right order, or do I miss something? I guess to be
sure that the postinst script of texlive-latex-base has been called the
relation should be a Pre-Depend, or not?

Anyway, I think I will forget the whole buisness and kill my own
adaption of the xmltex and jadetex packages. But this will not work,
damned, as several packages depend on jadetex, AFAIR (sgmtools,
docbook-utils etc). Pity.

Best wishes

Norbert

CLUNES (pl.n.)