Re: The hated xmltex/jadetex games in combination with new tex-common

> On Fre, 04 Aug 2006, Florent Rougon wrote:
>> >From this description, it seems to me that jadetex and xmltex need latex
>> at configuration time, which means they should depend on some package
>
> Yes. They have latex as a format.

What does it mean? They *use* latex to build their own format, right?

> So, this means NMU, or? Because the maintainers of those packages are
> extremely lazy.

;-)

Quiet, quiet, quiet. There are ways of telling whether she is a witch.
(Er, sorry)

Looking at jadetex and xmltex, they both depend on tetex-bin. I
understand they could depend on:

  tetex-bin | $texlive-package-that-provides-latex

but I don't see how that can fail the way you described: since they
depend on tetex-bin, latex must be usable when either of jadetex and
xmltex is configured. So, what happened exactly?

--
Florent