Re: Font packages for teTeX

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 01:59:37AM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> > > Nice thing. I installed it on my chroot texlive-debian system (texlive
> > > packages version 2005.08.21-1):
> >
> > Good to hear. I had tested it only with Frank's teTeX 3 packages for
> > sarge.
>
> That's the reason we went for tex-common, ie a common infrastructure.
> With the (lont term) aim that packages are playing nice together.
>
> > I have played around with your script, added support for the texmf/doc
> > -> doc/texmf and plan to add X11 registration to it (defoma looks
> > tough). I am not sure, though, if it is possible to build a proper
> > Debian package like this. The latter is interesting if I were to try
> > getting this (and other fonts) into Debian. I haven't decided yet ...
>
> I myself am interested in this, since I have a whole lot of
> commercial/other fonts, which up to now manage with /usr/TeX/temxf-fonts
> and add this to texmf.cnf. But proper deb packages would be nice.
I wrote a program which can quite easily create debian source packages
from type1 or tt fonts. http://sourceforge.net/projects/tex-fontconfig/
There is a debian package which should work on sarge and unstable.

It needs polishing but maybe it is of some value for you. I has enough
documentation to get started. Just say 'man tex-fontconfig'.
I wouldn't mind to update it for the latest debian tetex/texlive packages.

  Uwe

--
  MMK GmbH, Universitaetsstr. 11, 58097 Hagen
  Uwe.Steinmann@mmk-hagen.de