Re: Font packages for teTeX

Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> writes:

> Nice thing. I installed it on my chroot texlive-debian system (texlive
> packages version 2005.08.21-1):

Good to hear. I had tested it only with Frank's teTeX 3 packages for
sarge.

> Maybe call only
> 	mktexlsr /usr/share/texmf
> this should be enough.

Sounds reasonable.

> Do you have a script which generates everything, or do you do everything
> by hand?

This was done by hand. Or better by dh_make and copy&paste from
lmodern and your shell script. Since I haven't build a real .deb before,
I figured this would be an opportunity to look into this.

I have played around with your script, added support for the texmf/doc
-> doc/texmf and plan to add X11 registration to it (defoma looks
tough). I am not sure, though, if it is possible to build a proper
Debian package like this. The latter is interesting if I were to try
getting this (and other fonts) into Debian. I haven't decided yet ...

cheerio
ralf