Re: Font problems with pdflatex

On 23.08.05 Joerg Sommer (joerg@alea.gnuu.de) wrote:

Hi,

> after having latex 3 running, I have a problem with fonts in pdf
> files. This is a well known theme, but with the old latex packages
> I had no problems.
>
> Attention: I don't know anything about this theme. I have some
> conjectures, but they might be totaly wrong.
>
> Do pdflatex have problems finding the correct font?
>
> \documentclass[draft,german,12pt]{scrartcl}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \begin{document}
> Some text to see if the output looks good in xpdf.
> \end{document}
>
> The pdf looks very ugly in xpdf.

That shouldn't have worked before either. It just redefines the font
encoding and loads a default font, which has T1 encoding. In earlier
times these were the EC fonts by Jörg Knappen. Did that change in
2.0.2?

H.
--
It takes less time to do a thing right than it does to explain why you
did it wrong.