Re: Font packages for teTeX (was: Error upgrading tetex-extra (experimental))

On Don, 18 Aug 2005, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> .deb packages for some of the fonts I have installed. Some of them
> (Utopia + Fourier, LuxiMono, Garamond No. 8) could even be distributed,
> though they are not DFSG free. What would be a good starting place for
> such packages? Maybe the lmodern package?

lmodern needs to be upgraded to the new tetex/texlive/tex-common
structure. I have created a `reference' implementation of a fontpack, ok
it does not include, copyright statements documentation, examples
blabla, but all the files necessary for setting up a decent font pack.

Get it at
http://www.tug.org/texlive/Debian/fontpacks/tex-fontpack-tufonts_1_all.deb

Short description:
- map files into /etc/texmf/map/...
- updmap.d config file into /etc/texmf/updmap.d/
- list file into /var/lib/tex-common/fontmap-cfg/
- postinst/postrm calls update-updmap and updmap-sys

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
MEMPHIS (n.)
The little bits of yellow fluff which get trapped in the hinge of the
windscreen wipers after polishing the car with a new duster.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff