Re: Font packages for teTeX

Ralf Stubner <Ralf.Stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> writes:

> I will look into this over the week end. On thing I like about the
> lmodern package is that it registers the fonts with defoma, which
> makes them available to other applications as well.

Ok, so I tried to debianize 'URW Garamond No. 8'. The result can be
found on <URL:http://www.tfkp.physik.uni-erlangen.de/~ralf/debian/>.
Comments welcome.

One problem for me was getting a proper .orig.tar.gz. Even though I
thought it should be easy in this case (everything in one directory on
CTAN), the main CTAN sights seem to have stopped producing .tar.gz
archives. So I had to build the .orig.tar.gz myself.

Also, the fonts are not available in oowriter, and there is no kerning
in scribus. But that is the case for lmodern, too. No idea what's going
wrong here.

cheerio
ralf