Re: Kernel compiling

As written earlier, the kernel package is what I have already tried to
boot from and it freezes after the 'remapping the kernel' message. Happens
for both the 2.4.27 smp and 2.6.8 smp packaged kernels. The only
difference I can find with them being that both of them use initrd images
so I am trying to build a 2.6.8 which does not use/need that since the
2.4.18 kernel that it runs right now will boot successfully and does not
use initrd.

<EOL>
Tib