Re: blade 1000 X config

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Dave Love wrote:

> > I'm not familiar with either X or the blade's hardware.. I've always just
> > run linux as an ssh/terminal host.
> >
> > Which should I use - or how should I check to see which is installed, I do
> > have access to tty2 during this process to run commands from a shell?
>
> I'm not sure what you're asking.  If you're talking about a blade
> 1000, I assume the keyboard is USB, and the kernel in use is clear.

I got past the graphics driver part.. someone in another forum mentioned
using the ffb driver for blade 1k's.

> If you have a messed-up keyboard, the solution is to get in via ssh
> (if it's set up) or the serial port (if that's set up).  If you
> installed via the console, I think the serial port gets set up as a
> login tty.

No - it's not the keyboard that's messed up. It runs just dandy until you
get past the locale selection and pick your language preference - then
suddely everything is mapped wrong and on the sarge installer I didn't see
a way to pick a literal keyboard map, just a region/language specification
- which you would think american english responses to those questions
would read it right. But this only happened with the 2.4 tftpboot.img
install of sarge and woody, the 2.6 boot sarge image had no such issues.

> I think you do `dpkg-reconfigure console-data' to change the keymap.
> Check the installation instructions, where I think it's mentioned.

Wasn't far enough in the install to do it before, but now that I've got
woody actually up and running I was able to pick a direct keyboard map
rather than just locale information for it to decide which map to use.

In any case - my issue now (since I picked the ffb graphics driver) is
which keyboard to tell x I'm using? The option for 'sun' was in there, but
said to use that if you have a 1.4 or 1.5 type keyboard.. this is a 1.6.
So do I say 'xfree86' instead and pick a pc104 or 101 or something
instead?

<EOL>
Tib