Re: How does team maintenace of python module works?

On 02/15/2013 12:41 AM, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
>> Sandro, I have some problems with such an answer, especially when I
>> tried to remain polite. This is an incentive so that I change my tone as
>> well, and that's not what I would expect from Debian packaging teams.
>
> so please search into the mailing list archive about the several
> iterations of such discussion and the outcome of them.

After some search, I have found some discussions about *switching* to
Git for *all* of the python module team, which is absolutely *not* what
I'm asking for. There's several of such tread indeed, from 2008, 2011,
and probably more, showing that there's a real interest into switching.
In fact, I mostly saw a lot more people willing to use Git and to switch
than I expected.

But..., no outcome at all. As it happens very often in Debian, there's
discussion but nothing happens, or not clear cut decision is made. If I
missed it, please point to me to the outcome email(s) so that I could
read it/them.

Anyway, yet, I have seen *NO* discussion about maintaining *some* of the
python modules using Git. Probably only this one:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2011/03/msg00076.html

All this is very far from being *forbidden* to send packages to the
python module team using Git and maintain them this way.

If I missed some posts, please point to the relevant URL(s)!

Thomas