Re: Conflict escalation and discipline

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 03:51:48PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
Lars Wirzenius writes ("Re: Conflict escalation and discipline"):
Most of the problems being discussed right now, and in general, seem
to be of the sort where feelings are hurt, but harassment isn't
happening. The situations seem to be "A did something, and B was
offended, how do we get A and B to understand each other, and resolve
any conflict, and get A and B to collaborate in the future?".

This implies to me that, at the least, "anti-harassment" is the wrong
name for a team that deals with this.

That's certainly true.  I thought of these ideas:

all @debian.org
  trouble         too vague, also negative
  behaviour       seems somehow hostile, also vague
  conduct         seems somehow hostile, also vague
  appeals         too strongly advertises judicial function
  arbitration     too strongly advertises judicial function
  upset           can minimise and subjectify bad actions
  conflict        very negative
  resolution      too vague but at least positive
  reconciliation  not attractive to complaints who want action
  dispute[s]      maybe?

mediation?