Re: Conflict escalation and discipline

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Chris Lamb  dijo [Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 07:12:26PM +0100]:
> > I also am reluctant to speak for Ian (!) but I believe he is making
> > the point that it is this very diversity of contact points that
> > could be part of the problem.
>
> But that's my point: Do you want to solve that by adding... Yet
> another contact point?

Would it be OK if leader@ stayed the contact point, but leader@ had a
pool of individuals who were willing to mediate in such a case? [Perhaps
with secretary@ or the CTTE chair as the backup in case leader@ was
involved?]

Such individuals would have the ability and knowledge to involve the
existing levers of power (TC, DAM, leader@, anti-harassment etc.) if
escalation was required.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

[A] theory is falsifiable [(and therefore scientific) only] if the
class of its potential falsifiers is not empty.
 -- Sir Karl Popper _The Logic of Scientific Discovery_ §21