Re: Public request that action be taken at whoever abused their technical power to remove me from the kernel team at alioth.

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 03:35:35PM +0200, Joey Schulze wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > May i ask you why there is no other solution ? What is it that makes it
> > a total heresy to even propose we try to solve it fairly and honourably ?
>
> Because what you would accept is not acceptable for Frans and what
> Frans accepts is very obviously not acceptable to you.

Ok, then we come back to the problem of Frans, right, who found it
totally unacceptable that i dared to present myself as DPL, and chose to
hurry to search expulsion supporters to punish me for it ? Even though
my DPL candidacy had nothing to do with him, but rather because i saw
problems in debian and, as i was told by astronut, candidating as DPL
was a way to do something about it. Did they fear so much an honest DPL
campaign, and what the result of the vote would have been ?

So, just because Frans feels pissed and that i am not respectful enough
to him, i should be punished with a year of debian suspension ?

I repeat myself again, i don't care about Frans, he can be a
self-centered bully in his corner, and refuse anyone who is not
respectful enough to play with him, find with me, but he should leave me
alone, and not go into this provocation of me he has done, nor jump on
the most minor of issues.

So, i ask that the suspension be lifted, that debian finally admits that
it has handled this issue unfairly, that more than one party was at
fault, and notes that i have made many conciliation attempts which where
rejected by frans. And that's it, the issue will be forgotten, and
everyone is back to happily coding ever after.

Is this so much to ask ? I ask this not of you, but of Debian, of you
Joey, of all other readers.

> Thus, live with it and enjoy life without trying the impossible.

Why is it impossible ? This is what i don't understand. Debian has
chosen to side with Frans in this since the begining, thus causing this
prolonged mess, why could it not have taken a neutral, transparent and
honourable stance in this, and given a fair judgement.

If Frans cannot live with a fair judgement, well, too bad with him, but
this is hardly something you can use against me, can you ?

And Frans, i still have hopes that this will change, if you just tried,
and accepted the tentatives of conciliation for a change, everyone would
be happy coding ever after, for the greater good of Debian.

Saddened,

Sven Luther