Re: Public request that action be taken at whoever abused their technical power to remove me from the kernel team at alioth.

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 11:05:00PM +0200, Sam Hocevar wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2007, Sven Luther wrote:
>
> > I am now making this request to you as DPL, that you investigate who was
> > behind this action, and find out why it was done, and that it be
> > publicly addressed.
>
>    Sven, first of all, please restrict your postings to debian-project,

Whyever should i do that ?

> ideally to specific threads as I already suggested some time ago. It is
> awfully complicated to follow what it is exactly you are requesting, and
> you are annoying everyone.

It is especially awful complicated to ignore it you mean ? There is no
doubt about what i am requesting, as everyone is telling me, i keep
repeating the same thing over and over.

>    If you do not stop spamming the lists I will support any proposal to
> remove you from the lists before even looking at your requests, because
> listening to you while you keep being a nuisance would make me look like
> a supporter of spam, trolls and general chaos and I certainly don't want
> to be associated with such things.

Sure, and i will have to go to slashdot or the general press, is this
that you want ?

Sam, is it so difficult to stop this in a human and decent way ? You are
acting exactly like Anthony Towns did last year, i guess that the DPL
position corrupts one after all :(

So, if you keep threatening me, like you just did, this only enourages
me to continue, and escalate the issue.

So, i ask you again as DPL, do something so that the agression and
iniquity debian has shown me since a year is stopped, and we can all
stop this.

This is as easy as a public pronounsement on debian's part that it has
erred in the way it has handled this matter, that i am not the sole
responsible of it, and a lifting of the unjust sanctions against me.
(not the d-i related ones, since we all know the d-i leadership are
arrogant bastards who are not emotionally equipped to recognize they
maybe share the fault and do the right thing).

To which i reply how sorry i was it had to take so long for a decent
resolution to this, and how sorry i am to have been forced to pollute
everyone's mailing lists, and so on.

Then everyone goes back to happily coding forever after, and the issue
is forgotten and left to rest.

Instead you chose the way of escalation, it will never be forgotten, and
it generates frustration and anger, and will constitute a major mess in
the future, unless you get me killed to silence me.

So, be courageous, and do the right thing in these, and let the issue be
solved as it should have over a year ago.

And if some threaten to leave the project because i am not punished,
then so be it, debian is better off without such persons whose behaviour
will only hurt the project again one way or another, and should not be
encouraged.

Saddened,

Sven Luther