Re: Debian UK

Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> It's somewhat worth pointing out that Mark has something of a reputation
> for inter-personal friction.

I assume you're referring to me. That myth exists mostly among
some DD cliques (IRCers? unsure), some LUGgers (but not all, as
I still get speaking invitations) and those who compete with me
(I take those disliking me as a good sign). In general, I don't
have that reputation. For example, I'm still on polite terms with
the manager of a multi-million pound project that I'm disputing.

Why do you spend time spreading lies when you won't find
time to repair DUS?

> The probability of the situation being
> resolved to his satisfaction is small,

The probability is near 100% and it's just a question of how.
I've suggested some ways DUS could do it, but none taken so far.

> but (to the absolute best of my
> knowledge) he's the only UK-based developer to have raised any serious
> objection to the way things have been handled so far.

And look how I'm treated! That's a fairly powerful way to shut
many people up or, even if they care, make them bet on others
resolving this for now.

DUS also only got a quiet announcement on debian-uk, so some of
its members maybe still didn't know about it.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/