Re: Pledge To Killfile a person

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 02:40:52PM +0300, Horst Lederhosen wrote:
> > > There's no need for any platonic ideal of justified speech.  Just count
> > > the number of people who like your style versus the number of people who
> > > are pissed off by it and adjust accordingly.
>
> > I reject this notion that communication is a popularity contest.
>
> Unfortunalty many people have this thing they call "feelings", which makes them
> adjust their opinions on you according to how friendly or rude you are to them.

I don't really care about their opinions of me. Or are you prepared to
argue that MJ Ray's description is correct, and that "I don't like
them" is sufficient reason to get a mob together and attack somebody?

I did not ask for preaching about how I could make people like me;
it's really quite irrelevant. I challenged those doing the attacking
to justify their claims.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |