Re: Pledge To Killfile a person

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:23:00AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Andrew Suffield]
> > I acknowledge that I occasionally write mails which can be sharp and
> > pointy, but generally it's just in response to similarly sharp
> > mails. It's hardly uncommon in Debian;

> I suspect we would reduce
> the conflict level and increase productivity if there were less such
> messages.  Replying with strong language to a message with strong
> language tend to just escalate the conflict, and in my experience
> rarely end in a constructive way.

In my experience, it is sometimes necessary to get somebody's
attention, and it does sometimes work. The trick is one of
judgement. I stand by mine and challenge anybody to show it to be
significantly worse than the norm.

I find it significant that so far, nobody has even tried to do so.

> Removed your name from the subject.  I believe it is a bad idea to
> have names in subjects, as the name linger on while the topic being
> discussed tend to drift far away from the original topic.

That's part of why I hate having to do this. It wasn't my idea.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |