Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

To comment on another thread: it may be a bug, but let's
let the maintainers and RMs decide on it.

Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 12:54:11PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> > [...] Is it a bug in our TV sets that porno isn't autolocked?
> But you have to switch to those chanels, as opposed to the screensaver showing
> them to whoever behind your back.

No, the TV powers on to a channel. On one set, it picked
the first channel on the last-viewed transponder. If it last
viewed a certain station on Hotbird, it started up with some
24h Italian porno. Of course, we changed that, but it's not
much of a receiver bug, as they don't control the broadcasts
any more than debian controls web downloads.

I think the real problem is that people want to leave
sheltered children with computers they've not checked.

> Yeah, but let's suppose you let your home box running all day while you are at
> work ?

Switch the monitor off instead.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/