Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

"R. Armiento" wrote:
> I discovered and reported it yesterday. My personal feelings about the
> issue isn't that strong, and apparently neither is the feelings of
> the maintainers that have had the time to look at it so far. However,
> given the recent debacle about explicit content in debian (the
> "hot-babe" issue) I expect there to be people out there who do
> feel very strongly about it and perhaps even think it is a sarge release
> showstopper. [...]

Is R Armiento trolling and trying to block release?
I can only wonder at the motives.

> > Policy issue? Which bit of policy? [...]
> Isn't the lack of policy also a policy?

No, it's a lack of policy about something.

Is the lack of intelligence a type of intelligence?

> > [...] Can you quantify "often" please?
> That depends of course on the user's definition of "sexually explicit
> images". In my current workplace environment, I would feel embaressed
> for about 1 out of 10 images. This means that in almost every Collage
> there are a few images involving nudity or 'worse'. [...]

So, this 1 in 10 is about nudity rather than pornography? That
leads me to wonder about the bug reporters' definition of nudity.
Is a revealing top with lots of flesh counted as nudity? Would
the infamous ubuntu nipples be pornography?

> > Really, any site that gives a toss about accidental images
> > should be using a filtering proxy, IMO, so I don't agree
> > that this should lose anyone their job. normal not important.
> Good argument. However, there are workplaces out there who do not
> run filtering proxies, or become upset when people trigger the filters.
> It just might not be enough comfort for a person who get in trouble for
> this, that you don't agree with his company's policy.

There are workplaces which don't allow you to use encryption, yet
we're not tossing out the encryption libraries. If a workplace
has policies so important to them which kscreensaver doesn't
accommodate, maybe they should ban kscreensaver.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/