Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Basic politeness like using the second person when you're replying to
> someone? Christ.

Personal messages should not be sent to lists. It's like putting a
letter to me in the press or making this a "Problems with MJ Ray"
thread. Rather irritating.

> I have better things to do with my life than remember
> everybody's preferred name, spelling or pronoun. If you're that worried
> about what people call you then put it in your signature.

It is in both from line and signature. It was ignored.

> Otherwise, the
> default behaviour in English is to use names rather than initials.

Many English people use only first names among family and friends.
Some also use the *second* given name as the friendly name, although
that seems to be dying out. "Mark" here is a jarring register.  The
LDAP admins don't seem to share that view, as I've mentioned before.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/
http://people.debian.org/~mjr/