Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

Mark Brown wrote:
On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 03:48:22PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
Mark Brown wrote:
It doesn't seem like an unreasonable concern for them to be raising.

As a bug. It's not reasonable to bring it here the next day.

No, but not quite so obviously malicious as you seem to feel either.

Since the main issue on my mind was "do people feel that it is ok that this goes into the sarge release?", exactly what would have been proper procedure? How long should I have waited before bringing it to the list?

I anticipated somewhat different responses than what I have received; When discussing and demonstrating it to friends, they have been more of: "OMG!, thanks for warning me, this is pretty horrible. I will disable it immediately." However, given how people have responded here, apparently the whole thing isn't such a big issue.

Also, I never really imagined that there would be people counter-arguing that the only problem is my moral values, and thus implicitly state that to them WebCollage indeed is completely safe-for-work. Have you people actually looked at WebCollage? Anyway, just to show that I am at least not utterly alone, here are a few googled examples of people who apparently share my unreasonable and silly moral values:
  http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic38523.html
  http://software.newsforge.com/comments.pl?sid=43148&cid=105055
  http://austinlug.org/archives/alg/2005-01/msg00247.html
  http://www.genehack.com/
(Search pages for 'collage' to find the relevant section).

//Rickard