Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

* Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) [050605 15:20]:

> > > Come on, we needed almost 3 years to be ready for the release, and now one
> > > week more or less is going to be such a change ? What happened to the "we
> > > release when we are ready" we were so proud of in the past ?
> >
> > Maybe you didn't notice, but I wasn't talking about postponing the release
> > but about how ridiculous this thread and the behaviour of several people
> > is.

> Notice that nobody was taking this seriously, people where only saying, how it
> is not so important, there is an easy workaround, let's just forget about
> this.

I can assure you, that is not true. We had some discussion within the
release team about this bug, we took it very seriously. However, there
were only two options: Release this weekend or delay it a further week.
We decided that in total releasing now was the better option. Please
note that this didn't say it is not a problem. But just that this issue
won't hold up the release. Actually, I personally consider some bugs
worse than this one, like the doc-debian package didn't make it to
sarge, samba has a bad bug, #311357 (problem with via-rhine in the
kernel).  But, one has just to say at some point "now, we release".
Because there will be always a known issue.

And, I'm proud about Sarge, and that I had the possibility to be part of
the team working on Sarge. And I'm happy about the great support and
help by the Debian community for sarge and getting (almost) all parts in
shape. Thanks for that.

Cheers,
Andi