Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> I don't understand the animosity, this definitely is a bug and should
> be fixed. Personally, I would even consider it grounds for postponing
> release of Sarge until this is fixed.

Not if we don't annulate the woody release and fix it in woody as well.

It's rediculous that a "bug" that is present in woody already which was
released nearly three years ago, suddenly is considered a valid release
blocker for sarge less than one week before it's release.

> It is not just pornography, there web has all kinds of offensive and
> disgusting images that I do not want to see, much less have my family
> members think I have them on my computer. I have used Debian since
> version 1.3.1 and I did not know there is in Debian a screensaver that
> collects random images from the web.

So don't install KDE and you're fine.

Also please talk to the proper KDE maintainer to fix this in KDE so
that it'll be fixed in sid soon and probably in etch as well.

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.   Paul Erdös