Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 12:38:50PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> > I don't understand the animosity, this definitely is a bug and should
> > be fixed. Personally, I would even consider it grounds for postponing
> > release of Sarge until this is fixed.
>
> Not if we don't annulate the woody release and fix it in woody as well.
>
> It's rediculous that a "bug" that is present in woody already which was
> released nearly three years ago, suddenly is considered a valid release
> blocker for sarge less than one week before it's release.

Come on, we needed almost 3 years to be ready for the release, and now one
week more or less is going to be such a change ? What happened to the "we
release when we are ready" we were so proud of in the past ?

> > It is not just pornography, there web has all kinds of offensive and
> > disgusting images that I do not want to see, much less have my family
> > members think I have them on my computer. I have used Debian since
> > version 1.3.1 and I did not know there is in Debian a screensaver that
> > collects random images from the web.
>
> So don't install KDE and you're fine.

Sadly, this is not an option, as KDE gets installed by default in the desktop
task, despite repeated people asking that it was not so, it stayed that way.

Friendly,

Sven Luther