Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 01:20:08PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> > So, we will ship a sarge release which will show porn to our kids by default ?
>
> Using a non-default desktop with a non-default screensaver configuration
> will, under certain circumstances, potentially result in children being
> able to see pornography. So, uh, no. We won't.

Ok, if this is not something you get by doing a clean desktop install and
chosing the KDE desktop, then yes, but i was led to believe from other posts
here that the random screensaver was indeed configured to include this one by
default in the default KDE desktop. If this is not the case, it will be indeed
acceptable.

> > I don't want *ANYTHING* to do with that, and if you go this way, i hereby
> > demand that my name is removed from any file containing it on this
> > pornographic sarge release.
>
> If you've contributed anything to Debian under a license that allows you
> to do that, then I think we have other issues.

My name in the changelogs ? Having ones names associated with porn this way
may be illegal for other reasons than copyright and licences. slander or
whatever it is called.

Friendly,

Sven Luther