Re: Discussion of bug #311683, default kde install shows porn

Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   I don't know what's in the 'default' install, but kde is part of the=20
> "desktop" task, which I'd expect a lot of users will use to install desktop=
> systems.

This surprised me, so I went looking. The "desktop" task seems
to contain gnome, kde and no other desktops. That's very strange
because I can't see why many users would want that as the basic
task and it's not really a general desktop try-out system either.
I'd hope to see kdedesktop, gnomedesktop and officeapps tasks,
or pick just one desktop. Oh well.

Please file a bug against tasksel, if it bothers one enough. I
suspect that's too late for sarge now. Even so, kdebase is
"optional" so I think it's not in the default install after all.

Is http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-binary.html#s3.9
about Tasks out of date?

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/